Sunday, May 03, 2009

The Undocumented "/1000" currency formatting function

Forum question:


How can I format currency values to shorthand?

i.e. how can I display 12500 as 12.5, 2700 as 2.7, 700 as 0.7 etc?

I have tried using various masks but can't achieve the results I'm looking for.

That's a tough one. How to make 700 into 0.7? Could there be some Oracle feature to help with this?

Two quick replies later:

Thanks for the replies guys

I wasnt aware of the "/1000" feature, but it has done exactly what I need.

Oracle needs to do more to promote these display format features. What else are they hiding? That's what we want to know.


M.Moore said...

Ha ha ha ha! Wait til he finds out about the /10/10 formatting function!

Joel Garry said...

Ooh ooh ooh!

Noons said...

Nobody tell him about